10.7.12

A Simple Pudding With Nuts And Chocolate

Learning to write is something that I have been doing since childhood, I meant to say this statement because I have been trying to write good for a long time now. When I read articles on various topics from various sources I land up feeling degraded. Though my job is creative and I more or less enjoy it but still somewhere I lack something. I am missing a spice in life and I do not know what it is. Meanwhile my love for cooking increases with time and whenever I find my mentor , my mother in the kitchen all I do is move behind her like a puppy to see her recipe secrets. No person has ever defeated or reached the standard of their mentors and I surely never will but the recipes that I have learnt and am still learning from her will remain with me forever and like traditional handover will be passed on to the next generation.

Simple and Easy Pudding

Enough with the philosophical thinking, I think as I am trying to croos my mid twenties I am becoming wiser in a sense and sarcastic in another. Recently I made a simple pudding that is easy to make if not very quick, but if you have all the ingredients at one place you can surely finish this dish by 5-7 minutes. Pudding is one of the things that many of us love to eat. In my family pudding is the personal favourite of many. The story of loving started from my mother first preparing caramelized pudding. Though now various versions are being made nearly every month, few of them still remain favourite including my ma's caramelized pudding.


Note: The picture has been edited at one of the edges as it was displayed ina cooking competition where it ranked no 1.

So here is the recipe for you for 4-5 people.

Ingredients:
  • Milk 250ml
  • Powdered Sugar 100 gm
  • 3 Eggs
  • Vanilla essence or other essence 2-3 drops
  • Almonds (chopped)- 1/4 cup.
  • Nuts and chocolate crumbs for decoration
Method:
  • In a microwave pan mix the milk and sugar. Add the vanilla essence and keep it aside.
  • In a different pan beat the eggs together to make then frothy. Add it to the milk. Add the chopped alomnds.
  • In another microwave pan add water and fill it 1/2. Plcae the pan in which the mixuture is and cook it in the micro mode for 5 minutes.
  • Take it out and let it cool for 20 minutes. Place it on a plate and garnish it accordingly. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or more according to your convinience.
This pudding orginally took 5 minutes to cook and 30 minutes to freeze for me. The rest was completed  within a minute and by that I mean eating. Some people love using bread to make pudding but my personal favourite is without them. The egg itself is enough to bind the entire mix.

Thanks for reading,

5 suggestions and discussions:

Eftychia said...

Yummy recipe! Thanks for sharing.

Guru Uru said...

This pudding looks incredible! I love the delicious ingredients and the flavour must be gorgeous :D
I am about to go through your blog, so excited!

Cheers
CCU

Shari TheSaucyGourmet said...

Wow I just want to take a spoonfull off my screen, yum!

jenbeans said...

Looks fantastic! I could probably eat it for breakfast, then afternoon snack, and then for dessert. Thanks for the recipe!

jenbeans said...

By the way, I nominated you for the Lovely Blog award - thanks for sharing great recipes like this!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.